In the 1850’s Punt Road was a quiet dirt road that met the Yarra River on the outskirts of a new settlement, Melbourne. The road was surrounded by some of the first commercial vineyards in Victoria, and was linked across the river by a punt, which would ferry people and goods to the other side.

Punt Road remains today in the heart of cosmopolitan Melbourne. A bridge now stands where the punt once was, and the vineyards have been re-established throughout the Yarra Valley, where the grapes for this wine are grown today.